Cathedral Park Cohousing is located in one of the most beautiful locations of Portland, Oregon!
We wish to acknowledge the robust present-day federally recognized tribes of this area; the Cowlitz, Siletz, and Grande Ronde. In addition, we would like to acknowledge the Chinook descendants, who’ve been seeking federal recognition for many years. Today, these vibrant, diverse tribes and communities celebrate their heritage, showing resilience and tenacity.
The Native American community in the Portland metropolitan area is made up of tribal diversity that originates from around the country, representing at least 380 tribes, and some 70,000 people. This community has a vivid history, made up of people whose journeys have brought them to Portland by ways of stolen land, forced displacement, or seeking more opportunities.
At CPC, we are committed to supporting Native communities through our best intention and collaboration with Proud Ground and Our Home, Inclusive Community Collaborative.
With a view of the St Johns Bridge, across the river from Forest Park in Portland, Oregon, Cathedral Park Cohousing members will have easy access to both urban amenities and nature – the best of both worlds! Our site is close to public transportation, schools, restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, grocery stores, and services. We are right next door to a large community garden and have easy access to downtown Portland and tech hubs. You will be able to walk, ride your bike, or take a short drive to three parks, two lakes, two rivers, an island full of migrating birds and delicious produce, and Forest Park, one of the largest urban forests in the nation!
Talk about a close community!
- 90 minutes to the ocean – clam chowder, beaches, scenic driving, hikes
- 60 minutes from the Columbia Gorge – waterfalls, windsurfing, hiking, scenic drives
- 90 minutes to Mt Hood – ski, sled, hike
- 20 minutes to Sauvie Island – biking, fresh produce, pumpkin patch, u-pick berries, birds
- 30 minutes to Portland Airport
- 20 minutes to downtown Portland
- 30 seconds from the lovely Johns Community Garden!
Portland weather (no, it doesn’t rain all the time!)
- 144 days of sun per year – average US is 205
- Only 5” more rain that the US average
- 3” average of snow per year – US average is 28”
- Temperature – summer high around 81 and winter low around 36 degrees
Portland Metropolitan Area