Cathedral Park Cohousing is located in one of the most desirable locations of Portland, Oregon!
With a view of the St Johns Bridge, across the river from Forest Park in Portland, Oregon, Cathedral Park Cohousing members will have easy access to both urban amenities and nature – the best of both worlds! Our site is close to public transportation, schools, restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, grocery stores, and services. We are right next door to a large community garden and have easy access to downtown Portland and tech hubs. You will be able to walk, ride your bike, or take a short drive to three parks, two lakes, two rivers, an island full of migrating birds and delicious produce, and Forest Park, one of the largest urban forests in the nation!
Talk about a close community!
- 90 minutes to the ocean – clam chowder, beaches, scenic driving, hikes
- 60 minutes from the Columbia Gorge – waterfalls, windsurfing, hiking, scenic drives
- 90 minutes to Mt Hood – ski, sled, hike
- 20 minutes to Sauvie Island – biking, fresh produce, pumpkin patch, u-pick berries, birds
- 30 minutes to Portland Airport
- 20 minutes to downtown Portland
- 30 seconds from the lovely Johns Community Garden!
Portland weather (no, it doesn’t rain all the time!)
- 144 days of sun per year – average US is 205
- Only 5” more rain that the US average
- 3” average of snow per year – US average is 28”
- Temperature – summer high around 81 and winter low around 36 degrees
Portland Metropolitan Area